Stress is commonly experienced by people in situations which involve uncertainty. Nights spent awake for preparations, evenings gone for tuitions and knowledge that a few lakh other students are appearing for the same exam, just like you, obviate a great deal of stress. However, as is well-known, stress does not increase productivity; on the contrary it functions to waste all that you had done. Thus, it is very important to learn to deal with stress along with preparing for the CAT exams. A few tips that might be helpful are:
- Plan- Make a schedule which will include your study hours and have room for breaks as well. Stay focused study hard but also- go out, meet friends, have fun.
- Know your weakness- Ask yourself about the main reasons behind the anxiety. If you are unsatisfied with the preparation, then find out your weak areas and spend some extra time on them every day.
- Stop discussing- More often than not, discussions regarding exam preparations end up making candidates more tensed. If that is what is happening to you, then put an end to these discussions. Tell your friends, family members, neighbors, that these are making you uncomfortable and you do not want to talk about them.
- Test yourself- Succeeding in exams like the CAT, require a lot of practice. Take mock tests on a regular basis. Set time aside on your schedule for these tests. Over a period of time, compare your results of recent dates with the earlier ones. You might be surprised to see how much you have improved.
- Pat yourself on the back- As you see improvement in your outputs, encourage yourself. Know that you can do well and keep telling yourself that. You may even buy a chocolate for yourself if you see some major improvement!
- Follow a healthy lifestyle- Eat, sleep and exercise well. These three are the saviors in any situation. Maintain a healthy diet and sleep for 7-8 hours a day. Go for a walk or a swim regularly, if not every day. Incorporate meditation in your exercise routine.
Remember that competitive exams like CAT are meant to check the ability of students to do well under stressful conditions. Your job is to prove that you can.
- HOW TO CRACK A READING COMPREHENSION of Online CAT
- X – Factor – 1
- Everything about MBA entrance exams #6(How can we tame ONLINE CAT?)
- The Most Important Time Management Secret That Nobody Teaches You
- Everything about MBA entrance exams…# 2