I have found a list of confusing words which make us confuse while solving the verbal questions. List is in two parts. All words in the list looks similar but in meaning they are far dissimilar. Their dictionary meanings are not given but they are used in sentence according to their dictionary meanings. You have to use dictionary to see the meaning of words. Click the image to go to the site.
Note: CAT has last time played with similar kind of confusing words. for e.g, a question of CAT 2007
51. The cricket council that was[A]/were[B] elected last March is[A]/are[B] at sixes and sevens over new rules.
The critics censored[A]/censured[B] the new movie because of its social inaccessibility. Amit’s explanation for missing the meeting was credulous[A]/credible[B]. She coughed discreetly[A]/discretely[B] to announce her presence.
- Dual/Duel- They are different
- Difference between “Flammable” and “Inflammable”
- Usage: Sensual vs Sensuous
- Common Errors in English Usage