I know that the problem of spending sleepless nights worrying about the demons of CAT has been addressed by many and it could be that I am going to bore you with some age old pointers that are tried and tested before. But, as there is a saying in our country’s favourite and most lucrative sport cricket- ‘the player of whatever caliber you are, whenever you are going through the phase of bad form, all you need to do is go back to the basics’, I am here with some of those ‘basics’. This same old theory applies for exams as well, all you need to do is find the most simplistic of the reasons that you can work upon. This is what that led me to throw the light on the topic of anxiety before exams. Here is what yo guys can do to make yourself well prepared:
Look out for the reasons which create anxiety in you before the exams: Anxiety is quite pivotal in animating the sense of survival during any adverse situation. But it can become the pain if it starts taking over most of your feelings. Generally, the reasons for anxiety in CAT aspirant are:
• Strong sense for failure
• Ill preparation (minimum possibility but still is a concern)
• Hype surrounding the examination
What you can do is:
1. To find what exactly is the concern: Being ill prepared for the exam is most unlikely for the CAT aspirants and would be ignorant of me to talk about. So the focus should be more on the other two things i.e. the possibility of failure and the hype surrounding the examination. But what I think is that the hype surrounding the examination injects the strong sense of failure in aspirant. So now the concern is narrowed down to hype surrounding the examination.
2. Reason behind the concern: Now, you have to see for yourself that what is the reason behind this hype? Is it the people around you who are predicting or complaining of failure even before you have appeared for examination? If it is, then it would be an easy score for you to ignore them and overcome this situation. But it is not that way always. Sometimes it is your personal expectations and self-invented nightmares that are leading to the possibility of failure which is creating the hype. It is more severe than the former as it involves the person himself.
3. Tips to overcome: To eradicate it, you need to talk about it to someone who will listen to you and your situation. It always weakens the anxiety if you talk about it with someone rather than giving it an utmost importance in your mind and strengthening it. Even guidance counselor would be of great help for that matter. And if you are great believer of things like yoga and meditation, you should give it a try as it genuinely helps in slowing down anxiety before the exams.
- None Found